Sales return involves handling the items that a customer has returned for whatever reasons. Depending on business rules, you may want to process sales in either of the following ways:
Accept back the returned item and return cash back to the customer. In this case, the returned item will be added back to the stock.
Replace the returned item with a new item of the same price. The returned item will be added back to the stock and replaced (sold) item will deducted from the stock.
In place of the returned item, the customer buys something that costs less than the returned item. The extra amount is paid back to the customer.
In place of returned item, the customer buys something that costs more than the returned item. The extra cash is paid by the customer.
Accepting Back the Returned Item
- Click Return button on the top right hand side. It will turn red
- Click on the product help button to load the product that’s being returned; the quantity of the product will load with the negative sign and net payable amount will also be in negative
- Now click the Payment tab to go to the payment screen and Save.
When you save the return, the item that’s returned is added back to the stock. You can search sales returns by clicking the Search button on the top.
Replacing the Returned Item with a New Item of the Same Price
- Click Return button and load the product to be returned
- Click the Return button to turn it off
- Load the new product
When the Returned Item is replaced by an Item that costs less than the Returned Item
- Click Return button
- Load the product to be returned
- Click the Return button to turn it off (it will turn green again)
- Load the new product.
- On the payment screen, the balance amount that you have to pay back to the customer will appear in Net Total field with the negative sign
- Go to the payment screen and Save
Similarly, if the returned item is replaced by an item that costs more than the returned item, the balance amount that the customer has to pay will appear in the Net Total field without the negative sign