Creating Security Groups
To access Security Group screen, from the main menu select Security>Security Group
Groups are created according to the nature of job responsibilities or departments in an organization. Creating user groups make it easier to manage access to various features in the software. Various users belonging to the same department are assigned one group and when rights are assigned to or withheld from a particular group the setting will become applicable for all group members. All created groups appear will appear in the drop down menu.
The following two user groups are hard coded in the system:
Admin: By default, the admin has all available rights. The user who creates a trial account or enters credentials after downloading the software is automatically assigned to Admin user group. Other users created under this group will also have all available rights on every screen
Shop User: By default this user group is allowed access on shop related activities like sales and return, account transactions, customer definition etc.
Creating a New User Group
User groups are created for all the users who can access the system. You can create as many user groups as you want and each group can be assigned different rights.
Follow the step listed below to create a new user group:
- In Group Name field, enter a name for your group. The group name should tell about the type of group it is and who its users will be. For example, you can call a group ‘managers’ and then define all managers under this group.
- From Group Type drop down, select the type that you want to assign to a particular group. There are two hard coded types: Admin and Shop.
Note about group types: Admin type is assigned to admin users. As mentioned above, such users will have all the rights. Shop type is assigned to all shop users like sales persons and sales managers. By default, such users have limited rights and many screens are not visible to shop users.
- If you want to, you can add a description of the group in Comments field.
- Click Save.
- All created groups will appear in list view
Note: You can give additional rights to various groups on Managing Group Rights screen
Updating and Deleting a Group
- To make changes to the defined group, click the group in list view.
- The group record will become active.
- Make changes and click Update
- Similarly, to delete a group, click the group in list view.
- Click Delete
Note: Only Admin users can create, update or delete groups.
To assign rights or permissions to groups, see Managing Group Rights
Need More Help? Call our support department: